Getting a cold? Skin gone dry and nails breaking? Yes, Summer is slipping away, and Autumn is nearly here. As the season is changing, this is a great time nuture yourself.
How about a facial, body treatment and hair treatment?
Here are my tips on how to turn your bathroom into a home spa..
- Set the mood – candles, music and you favourite drink – whether it’s a cup of tea or a glass of bubbly!
- For an exquisite bath try grating some Gamila soap (£15) into your bath – the 100% natural olive oil and shea butter formula will soften, nourish and the aromas will soothe and relax your mind.
- Dampen you hair and apply some Philip Kingsley Elasticiser (£2.95)– favoured by Jerry Hall and Kate Winslet. From midlengths to ends and apply their Scalp Mask (£3.95) to your roots. Pop a shower cap over to keep in the heat.
- Exfoliate your body (dry)with Guinot Gommage Facile (£26)– it smells incredible – just add a small amount of water and get scrubbing! Step into your bath and start to relax.
- Cleanse your skin with one of Dermalogica’s amazing cleansers from £8.90 – cleanse twice for salon results.
- Exfoliate and soften skin with Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant by leaving it on for 10 minutes.
- In the mean time, scrub dead skin off feet with Leigthon Denny Smooth Your Sole foot file – a snip at £5! Then push back cuticles with a hoof stick on hands and toes.
- Mask – apply Guinot Masque Beaute Neuve (£30.50) – a delicious fruit based renewing mask that peels off after 10 minutes. Shampoo and condition hair.
- Get out of your bath – moisturise your body, apply Guinot Huile Satinee (35.50)
- Remove the face mask and moisturise. Either leave hair to dry naturally or blast off.
- Buff nails with Leighton Denny Trio Buffer (£4) and apply Best Defense hand cream (£8), concentrating on cuticles.
- Paint nails – use Leighton Denny Precision Corrector Set (£8) which ensures the perfect polish every time.
- And by then its time for bed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz